Based on 8-10 servings per recipe.
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 4 cups low sodium turkey, chicken or mushroom broth
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup water chestnuts, diced
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Cook 2 cups wild rice in low sodium turkey, chicken, or mushroom broth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute mushrooms, onion, apricots, cherries in butter.
- Add water chestnuts, pistachios and rice. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes.
- Add herbs and place in greased baking dish and bake about 30 minutes.
- Great side dish to turkey at Thanksgiving or with a roast chicken. You can double or triple the recipe and freeze it, it keeps well for months.
About This Recipe
This recipe makes a sweet, nutty, rustic stuffing for chicken, turkey or other meats or makes a great vegetrian dish using our mushroom broth recipe.