Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound jumbo shrimp, cooked, tails removed
- 7 ounces smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups collard greens, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme or 1-2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup rice (white or brown)
- 1 2/3 cups chicken broth
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, turkey sausage, onion, bell pepper, collards and garlic.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. (35-40 if using brown rice).
About This Recipe
Lots of interesting and yummy Louisiana flavors in this meal.