Berry Wild Rice Salad
Salads, Side Dishes, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on Nutrition facts estimated for 8 servings servings per recipe.
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup collard greens, lightly steamed
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups mixed berries (raspberry, blackberry, etc)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fat free or reduced fat sour cream
- Place rice and water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer covered for about 45-55 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Empty rice into a large mixing bowl and add steamed greens, onion, and berries.
- Mix well.
- In a blender or food processor, puree all dressing ingredients except sour cream until it is well blended, adding more liquid if necessary.
- Slowly whisk in sour cream until well mixed.
- Pour dressing over rice salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for later use.
About This Recipe
This unusual ingredient combination provides great flavors in a dish that is quick and filling.