Dinner, Entrees, Ethnic, Lunch, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 8 ounces cooked shredded chicken
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced purple onion
- 2 pita pocket breads (6" in diameter)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons French salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
In a bowl, combine chicken, onion, and cheese.
Cut pita in half.
- Spoon one quarter of mixture into each pita half.
- Wrap in foil or parchment paper to hold together. Refrigerate until serving.
- Mix dressing and taco sauce in a small bowl.
- To serve, drizzle 2 tablespoons of sauce over chicken filling on sandwich and top with lettuce. Keeps 3 days refrigerated.
Calories: 277, carbohydrates: 22 g, protein: 23 g, sodium: 367 mg, phosphorus: 194 mg, potassium: 397 mg
About This Recipe
These sandwiches deliver the delicious flavors of a taco in a soft pita pocket. Make them ahead of time and eat when you need a quick protein lunch or snack.