Sweet and Savory Maple Sausage Stuffing
Dinner, Holidays, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Sodium
Based on 10 servings per recipe.
- 4 ounces low salt maple sausage recipe
- 2 cups whole wheat bread, cubed
- 4 cups white bread, cubed
- 4 ounces ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried, ground sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth (link to recipe below)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 apple, chopped
- Prepare maple sausage recipe (link here)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake bread cubes on a baking sheet for 15 minutes or until dry and toasted.
Set aside in a large casserole dish (9×11).
Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
Add sausage, ground turkey, and onion.
Cook 10 minutes or until evenly browned.
Stir in celery, sage, rosemary, and thyme.
Cook for another 2 minutes.
Add sausage mixture to baking baking dish along with apple and parsley.
Stir to combine.
Pour chicken broth (our low salt recipe link here) and melted butter over mixture and stir to coat evenly.
Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
About This Recipe
Try this sweet and savory dressing (stuffing) alongside pork, chicken or turkey