Based on 12 servings per recipe.
- 1 pound ground pork or beef
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage (or 2 tablespoons fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon mace or nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon water
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Form into patties and cook in skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, or about 10 minutes. Make sure patties are cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
Tip: Leave out the maple syrup and spices and try other seasonings like fennel and oregano, Italian seasoning, parsley or crushed red pepper.
About This Recipe
Packaged sausage is high in sodium. You will not believe how easy it is to make your own low sodium sausage with a sweet maple flavor.