Sweet Maple Sausage (low salt)
Breakfast, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 12 servings per recipe.
- 1 pound ground pork or beef
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage (or 2 tablespoons fresh) sauteed
- 1/4 teaspoon mace or nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
- 2 teaspoons maple sugar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon water
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Form into patties and cook in skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, or about 10 minutes.
About This Recipe
Packaged sausage is high in sodium. You will not believe how easy it is to make your own low sodium sausage with a sweet maple flavor.