Breads, Holidays, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 18 servings per recipe.
- 1 package dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons combined parsley, thyme, chives, rosemary
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Sprinkle yeast in 1/4 cup lukewarm water.
- Let stand 5 minutes, add sugar.
- Put flour in a bowl, make a well and add oil, herbs, and milk.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the beaten egg to brush tops with, add remaining egg to dough.
- Stir until mixed, then knead dough on floured board until elastic,about 10 minutes.
- Shape into balls (about 1 1/2″ across and 1/2 ounce each, you can also refrigerate dough overnight here and continue the next day)
- Put rolls on greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise until doubled in size, about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush rolls with remaining egg.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes, or until golden browned.
About This Recipe
These delicious rolls can be cooked at once or the dough can go in the freezer after shaping it for future use.