Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 1 cup Bulgur wheat
- 1 cup Warm water
- 1 Tomato, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 Med. cucumber, seeded & chopped
- 1/2 cup Snipped parsley
- 2 tablespoons Green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Salad oil
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
In a bowl, combine bulgur and warm water.
Let stand 1/2 hour.
Stir in tomato, cucumber, parsley, green onion, mint, and pepper.
Combine oil and lemon juice.
Toss with the bulgur mixture.
Cover and chill.
Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl with yogurt, if desired.
About This Recipe
This cool Middle Eastern classic salad is easy to make and improves over time.