Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tomato, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 medium cucumber, seeded & chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
In a bowl, combine bulgur and warm water.
Let stand for 30 minutes.
Stir in tomato, cucumber, parsley, green onion, mint, and pepper.
Combine oil and lemon juice.
Toss with the bulgur mixture.
Cover and chill.
Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl with yogurt, if desired.
About This Recipe
This cool Middle Eastern salad is easy to make and its flavor only improves over time.