Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoon All-purpose flour
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Rice milk
- 4 ounces Cream cheese
- 1/3 cup and 2 Tablespoon Shredded parmesan cheese divided
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 Tablepsoon Chopped basil
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add flour and use a whisk to make a paste then add minced garlic.
- Slowly add rice milk, whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Let mixture come to a boil and thicken.
- Add cream cheese and whisk to mix well. Remove from heat.
- Add 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Serve over pasta, chicken, steamed vegetables, etc.
6. Garnish with chopped basil and remaining 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
About This Recipe
A rice milk and cream cheese version of this classic.