Ethnic, Sauces, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups rice milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add flour and whisk to make a paste then add minced garlic.
- Slowly add rice milk, whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Let mixture come to a boil and thicken.
- Add cream cheese and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Add 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Serve over pasta, chicken, steamed vegetables, etc.
About This Recipe
A rice milk and cream cheese version of this classic.