Salads, Side Dishes, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 1 small head bibb or butter lettuce, torn
- 6-8 strawberries, sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, chilled and drained
- 1 small purple onion, sliced in rings
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Combine salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
Combine dressing ingredients: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and pepper in a jar. Cover lightly and shake until mixed well.
Pour mixture over salad, toss gently to coat.
About This Recipe
The sweet bounty of summer fruits make for a delicious pairing with greens and onions. The dressing further brightens the flavors.