Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce or oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 2 tablespoons green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
In a large bowl or big zip lock bag mix together soy, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, and chili paste until well blended.
Add chicken, cover or close tightly and chill at least 30 minutes or up to one day; stir or turn occasionally to coat chicken evenly with marinade.
Drain chicken and discard marinade.
Grill over indirect heat.
Sprinkle cooked chicken with minced onion and garlic.
About This Recipe
Using reduced sodium soy sauce to make this sauce gives flavor, yet cuts out much of the sodium.