Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon pasteurized egg whites
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pumpkin or cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 pie shell (9 inch)
- Soak gelatin in water and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks slightly.
- Add pumpkin or sweet potato, milk sugar, and spices. Cook over hot water until thick.
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool
- Whip eggs and salt until stiff.
- When pumpkin mixture begins to set, fold in egg whites.
- Fill pie shell and chill for several hours
About This Recipe
Delicious alternative to your regular pumpkin or sweet potato pie.