Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 1 medium-sized baker potato (1 cup cooked)
- three 6-ounce cans tuna, drained and rinsed
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons capers, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
Poke the potato with a fork and microwave on high for 5 minutes. When cooled, scoop out insides and mash with fork. Throw away potato skin.
Mix together potato, egg, panko bread crumbs, onion, seasonings, mustard and capers. Add tuna and mix well.
Form into fishcakes, equal size, not too thick.
In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil over medium high heat.
Add fishcakes and reduce heat to low until browned, then flip, about 5 minutes each side.
Squeeze fresh lemon juice over top to serve.
About This Recipe
*Panko is a Japanese bread crumb and usually low in salt. You can buy it at most grocery stores.