Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 1 medium-sized baker potato (1 cup cooked)
- three 6-ounce cans tuna, drained and rinsed
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons capers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- for garnish lemon wedges
- Poke potato with a fork and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until soft.
- When cooked, scoop out insides and mash with a fork. Throw away potato skin.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Form 4 equal sized patties, about half inch thick.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium high heat.
- Add patties and reduce heat to low until browned, about 5 minutes on each side.
Tip: Instead of tuna, try fresh or canned salmon or crab. Use 3 cups of flaked fish or drain and rinse 3 cans of salmon.
Panko is a dryer and flakier breadcrumb that crisps when cooked. It absorbs less oil then other breadcrumbs and is generally lower in sodium. It might be in the International section of your grocery store.
About This Recipe
*Panko is a Japanese bread crumb and usually low in salt. You can buy it at most grocery stores.