Crock Pot Chille Verde
Dinner, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on tbd servings per recipe.
- 2-2 1/2 pounds Pork or pork loin chops, trim fat
- 2 Large onions, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup Low-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon Red chili flakes
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Green tomatillio salsa or
- 2 cups Fresh tomatillios plus ½ cup vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Corn starch
- 1 Green bell pepper (1-inch squares)
- 1 Red bell pepper (1-inch squares)
- In 3 1/2-4 quart slow cooker. Layer pork chops, onions, tomatillos or green tomatillo sauce.
- Mix cornstarch into broth, and add to crock pot with vinegar, garlic powder, and red pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 1/2- 7 hours or until the pork is tender.
- Increase the heat setting to high.
- Stir in the green and red bell peppers.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 min to 1/2 hour.
- Serve with rice, or pour over low salt corn chips.
About This Recipe
Plenty of fresh favors and a hint of heat makes this chili so delicious.