Crock Pot Chile Verde
Dinner, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 6-8 servings per recipe.
- 2-2 1/2 pounds pork or pork loin chops, trim fat
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Green Tomatillo Salsa OR 2 cups fresh tomatillos plus 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch squares
- In 3 1/2-4 quart slow cooker. Layer pork chops, onions, tomatillos or green tomatillo sauce.
- Mix cornstarch into broth, and add to crock pot with vinegar (if using fresh tomatillos), garlic powder, and red chili flakes.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 1/2- 7 hours or until the pork is tender.
- Increase the heat setting to high.
- Stir in the green and red bell peppers.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 min to 1/2 hour.
- Serve with rice, or pour over low salt corn chips.
About This Recipe
Plenty of fresh flavors and a hint of heat makes this chili so delicious.