Thai Lettuce Wraps
Appetizers, Dinner, Entrees, Ethnic, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Sodium
Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 green onions or shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 Thai chili, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 8 leaves iceberg or butter lettuce
Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
Add green onions, Thai chili, and garlic.
Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Add ground pork and cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Add low sodium soy sauce, shrimp paste, sugar, and half each of the cilantro and basil.
Cook for 5 minutes.
Top with remaining cilantro and basil.
Fill lettuce leaves with about 2 ounces of pork mixture.
About This Recipe
This favorite appetizer has a makeover with low sodium ingredients.