Dinner, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 3-4 large parsnips
- 3-4 large potatoes (russets are best)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream, half and half or yogurt
- 5-7 fresh sage leaves
- Peel parsnips. If really large, cut out woody core, if small, they are fine.
- Put in microwave proof dish and microwave 10-12 minutes, until done.
- Meanwhile, put potatoes, cut in half, into pot and boil, takes about 10-15 minutes to be fork tender.
- Drain well.
- Saute sage leaves in butter, 1-2 minutes.
- Put potatoes and parsnips in mixing bowl, whip with electric mixer or mash with potato masher, stirring in sage butter and sour cream or half and half.
- Mix until smooth.
About This Recipe
Parsnips and potato pair to make this creamy side dish.