Perfect Popcorn Balls
Desserts, Holidays, Snacks, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 18 servings per recipe.
- 18 cups air popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Butter the sides of a medium saucepan.
- Add in water, syrup, vinegar, and sugar.
- Begin heating over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Continue to boil until sauce reaches 250 degrees (hard ball candy stage), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; pour syrup over popcorn.
- Stir until popcorn is coated.
- Let mixture cool until you can handle it with your hands.
- Butter your hands and shape popcorn into 2 1/2 inch balls.
About This Recipe
This recipe makes an old fashioned treat that is as much fun to make as to eat. It is high in fiber as well.