Breakfast, Dinner, Entrees, Lunch, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup almond, soy or rice milk
- 1 9" deep-dish frozen pie shell or try our Easiest Pie Crust Ever
- 1/2 cup cheddar or swiss, shredded
- to taste black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together eggs, milk, cheese and black pepper (use 2 ounces of cheese if your phosphorus is elevated).
- Add your favorite low sodium fillings.
Pour into frozen pie shell or make your own pie shell ahead of time with our Easiest Pie Crust Ever.
Bake until knife inserted near the center comes out clean; about 45-60 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes.
*for filling: leftover meat or vegetables such as chicken, mushrooms, asparagus, or onions.
About This Recipe
Quiche is a high protein dish to serve warm or cold. Try adding vegetables for more fiber and flavor.