Snacks, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 6 (2 1/2 tablespoons each) servings per recipe.
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated finely
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon tabasco or hot sauce (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Cover and chill.
- Serve with tortilla chips or pita wedges.
About This Recipe
This tasty spread is high in fiber and protein. It is also low in fat compared to regular guacamole.