Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry or unseasond rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pound lean flank steak or chuck steak cut into thin strips
- 2 bell peppers sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 plum tomatoes, cubed
- 2 cups broccoli, sugar peas or asparagus, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- In medium bowl, whisk vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Add sliced steak and toss. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- For sauce, mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium high heat. Add onions and peppers, cook 3-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, ginger and 1/4 cup water. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil and marinated steak. Cook until meat is browned.
- Add vegetables and sauce. Cook 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens. Serve over noodles, brown or white rice.
Tip: Try shrimp or chicken instead of beef
About This Recipe
Make carry out at home tonight with this stir-fry classic.