Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry or unseasond rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pound lean flank steak or chuck steak cut into thin strips
- 1-2 bell peppers sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 6ths
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- For Sauce: 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
Combine sherry or rice vinegar with Homemade Low-Sodium Soy Sauce, cornstarch and beef.
Marinate for 15 minutes.
While marinating, cut up peppers, onions, garlic, and tomatoes.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil until hot.
Fry onion & peppers for one minute.
Add garlic, tomatoes, sugar, ginger and water.
Stir fry for another minute.
Remove from pan and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, water, and soy sauce, set aside.
Heat one tablespoon oil until hot: stir fry marinated beef until meat changes color.
Add vegetables and thicken with cornstarch mixture.
Serve hot over noodles or rice.
About This Recipe
Make carry out at home tonight with this stir-fry classic.