Dinner, Lunch, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 1/4 cup oil
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup orange Juice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange (optional)
- Heat oil in a non stick large fry pan.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Blend flour, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon together; add mixture to hot oil.
- Whisk together quickly to make a smooth paste.
- Gradually add orange juice to pan.
- Stir constantly.
- Cook over medium heat until soft and thicken for 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add raisins, cook on low heat for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and fully cooked.
- If sauce is too thick add water.
- Add mandarin orange slice and heat until warm.
About This Recipe
Sweet fruits and spices blend beautifully with moist chicken for this dinner time treat.