Spiced Almonds and Cashews
Snacks, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 5 (15-20 nuts) servings per recipe.
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce (less than 600mg)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon (more if you like spicy flavor) cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Spread nuts evenly on a baking sheet.
Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cashews are lightly browned
Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
Add roasted nuts to the “spice” mixture and toss to coat evenly.
Return coated nuts to the oven and cook for another 5 minutes to set the flavor.
Store in an airtight container. If storing for more than a few days, keep in the refrigerator.
About This Recipe
Nuts are full of good nutrients, but often they are highly salted. Try this spiced mix that’s low in salt but full of flavor.