Based on 12 servings per recipe.
- 2-3 pounds top or bottom round steak
- 3-4 onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter or oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh, or 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 2-4 cups (enough to cover meat) low sodium broth or water
Cut meat in cubes, flour and pan fry in butter or oil with onions until browned(if in a real hurry just put them in the crockpot).
Add paprika, garlic, tomato paste, thyme, and broth to slow cooker. (you can use low sodium chicken, beef or vegetable broth)
When you get home, start the water for the noodles or use instant, boil in a bag rice.
Serve over noodles or rice.
About This Recipe
Start this dish before you head out the door in the morning and come home to great smells and a warm dinner.