Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 6 Eggs
- 4 drops Vanilla extract
- 8-10 tablespoons Sugar
- 3 cups 2% milk
- To make the caramel, place sugar and water in heat-proof dish and place in a microwave.
- Cook for 4 minutes on high or until the sugar is caramelized.
- To make on the stove, melt sugar and water in pan until pale gold in color.
- Pour into a 5 cup souffle dish.
- Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To make the custard, break eggs into medium mixing bowl; whisk until frothy.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Gradually add sugar and then milk, whisking continuously.
- Pour custard over the top of the caramel.
- Cook in preheated oven 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 30 minutes or until set.
- Loosen custard from sides of the dish with a knife. Place serving dish upside-down on top of souffle dish and invert, giving a gentle shake.
- Arrange choice of fruit around caramel and serve. Choices include strawberries, blueberries, orange rings, banana slices, and raspberries.
About This Recipe
Tasty sweet treat of wiggly giggly caramel custard is sure to please.