Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 eggs
- 4 drops vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups 2% milk
- To make the caramel, place sugar and water in heat-proof dish and place in a microwave.
- Cook for 4 minutes on high or until the sugar is caramelized.
- To make on the stove, melt sugar and water in pan until pale gold in color.
- Pour into a 5 cup souffle or baking dish.
- Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the custard, break eggs into medium mixing bowl; whisk until frothy.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Gradually add sugar and then milk, whisking continuously.
- Pour custard over the top of the caramel.
- Cook in preheated oven 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 30 minutes or until set.
- Loosen custard from sides of the dish with a knife. Place serving dish upside-down on top of souffle dish and invert, giving a gentle shake.
- Arrange choice of fruit around caramel and serve. Choices include orange rings and banana slices or for a lower potassium option try strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
About This Recipe
This tasty sweet treat of wiggly giggly caramel custard is sure to please.