Savory Mushroom Sauce
Sauces, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4-5 servings per recipe.
- 2 tablespoons Butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons Dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Minced dry onion
- 1 teaspoon Fine herbs*, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 pound (5 1/2 Cups) Fresh mushrooms, halved
In a 2-quart microwave-safe casserole, combine butter or margarine, sherry, lime juice, and herbs.
Microwave uncovered on 100% power (high) for 1 minute, stirring once.
Stir in mushrooms.
Microwave covered for 6-8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring twice.
About This Recipe
Mushroom lovers will enjoy this creamy and warm sauce for pasta.