Savory Mushroom Sauce
Sauces, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4-5 servings per recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced dry onion
- 1 teaspoon fine herbs*, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound (5 1/2 Cups) fresh mushrooms, halved
In a 2-quart microwave-safe casserole dish, combine butter or margarine, sherry, lime juice, herbs, and garlic powder.
Microwave uncovered on 100% power (high) for 1 minute, stirring once.
Stir in mushrooms.
Microwave covered for 6-8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring twice.
About This Recipe
Mushroom lovers will enjoy this creamy and warm sauce for pasta.