Red Cabbage with Apples
Lunch, Salads, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or honey pepper to taste
- 1 green apple (cored and thinly sliced)
- 1 small head red cabbage (coarsely shredded)
In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until softened (approximately 5 minutes).
Mix in vinegar, sugar, and pepper. Add cabbage and apple.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until cabbage wilts (approximately 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
About This Recipe
Taste the colors of Fall in this German classic. All the flavors and no salt.