Poached Salmon Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette
Dinner, Salads, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 1 quart Water
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 10 Black peppercorns
- 4 Allspice (whole)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 4 Salmon steaks (poached) - 6 oz. each
- 2 Med.-sized heads Belgian endive
- 4 cups Curly endive leaves (lightly packed)
- 2 cups Watercress sprigs (lightly packed)
- 1/2 each Med.-size red & green bell peppers
- see recipe below Tarragon Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/3 cup White wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Fresh tarragon (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2/3 cup Salad oil
- In a 12- to 14-inch frying pan, combine water, dry white wine, black peppercorns, whole allspice, bay leaf, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add salmon steaks, cover, return to simmer, and cook until fish is no longer translucent in center (cut to test), about 8 minutes.
- Lift salmon from liquid and let cool.
- Serve salmon steaks cold on a bed of vegetables and dress with vinaigrette.
- If made ahead, cover and chill overnight.
- For Tarragon Vinaigrette Dressing- In a bowl, mix white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced fresh tarragon, and sugar.
- Whisking rapidly, gradually add the salad oil.
About This Recipe
Try this delicious way to fix our fresh local salmon.