Poached Salmon Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette
Dinner, Salads, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 1 quart water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 10 black peppercorns
- 4 allspice (whole)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 24 ounces salmon, poached
- 2 Belgian endive, medium sized heads
- 4 cups curly endive leaves, lightly packed
- 2 cups watercress sprigs, lightly packed
- 1 bell pepper
- see recipe below Tarragon Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- In a 12- to 14-inch frying pan, combine water, dry white wine, black peppercorns, whole allspice, bay leaf, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add salmon steaks, cover, return to simmer, and cook until fish is no longer translucent in center (cut to test), about 8 minutes.
- Lift salmon from liquid and let cool.
- Serve salmon steaks cold on a bed of vegetables and dress with vinaigrette.
- If made ahead, cover and chill overnight.
- For Tarragon Vinaigrette Dressing- In a bowl, mix white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced fresh tarragon, and sugar.
- Whisking rapidly, gradually add the oil.
About This Recipe
Try this delicious way to fix our fresh local salmon.