Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 4 rounds pita bread
- butter, margarine, mayonnaise or oil to cover rounds
- 1/2 cup parmesean cheese, fresh grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- Using a pastry brush or paper towel, spread pita bread with small amount of margarine, butter, or mayonnaise, or spray with a light spray of cooking oil.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese and dried herbs on each round.
- Cut pita bread rounds into 8 sections.
- Do this by cutting them in half, then half again, then half one more time.
- Toast in a 450 degree oven for about 3-5 minutes, until cheese melts and chips toast.
- Serve with Edamole Spread, Joyce’s Dip or other low sodium salsas and dips on this website.
About This Recipe
These crispy wedges are great to bring as a low sodium chip to gatherings or to have on football gameday with a low sodium dip.