Dinner, Ethnic, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 8 ounces rice stick noodles (bihon)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound chicken breast or pork, boiled & sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 large carrot, peeled & cut like matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lemon (optional)
- Soak rice noodles in warm water for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced meat, cabbage, and carrots.
- Stir- fry for 3 minutes.
- Add reduced sodium soy sauce, chicken broth, and celery.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add soaked rice noodles to broth and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Top noodles with meat and vegetable mixture, garnish with green onions and flavor with fresh squeezed lemon juice, if desired.
About This Recipe
This recipe is a delicious low sodium version of a Chinese noodle dish. Low sodium broth and low sodium soy sauce give flavor without excess sodium.