Apple Filled Crepes
Breakfast, Desserts, Snacks, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 1 crepe servings per recipe.
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 cups milk
- 4 apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup butter
- Crepe Batter: Mix all ingredients until the batter is free of lumps.
- Heat up a small Teflon covered skillet in medium heat.
- Add some oil or pan spray.
- Using a 2 ounce ladle, spoon some of the batter on the pan, then swirl the pan to spread the crepe batter thinly on the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 20 seconds, then flip the crepe (with the aid of a rubber spatula) and cook for about 10 seconds.
- Crepes can be made hours or the day before, covered in plastic wrap in the cooler.
- Apple Filling: Peel, core, and slice apples each into 12 slices.
- Heat a medium saute pan.
- Melt butter, then add brown sugar.
- Toss in the apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook apples until tender but not mushy. Set aside to cool.
- Assembling the Crepes: Fill the middle of each crepe about with about 2 tablespoons of apple filling.
- Roll into a log.
- Serve warm (by microwaving for a few seconds or in a toaster oven for a couple of minutes) and add your favorite fruit sauce.
About This Recipe
Once you get the hang of making crepes then you can try other fillings as well. These are great snacks, breakfasts, or treats.