Apple Filled Crepes
Breakfast, Desserts, Snacks, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 1 crepe servings per recipe.
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 cups milk
- 4 apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Mix egg yolks, whole eggs, sugar, flour, oil, and milk until the batter is free of lumps.
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Spray pan with cooking spray.
- Using a 2 ounce ladle or 1/4 cup, spoon 1 scoop of batter into the pan, then swirl the pan to spread the crepe batter thinly on the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 20 seconds, then flip the crepe (with the aid of a rubber spatula) and cook for about 10 seconds. Set crepes aside while you make the filling.
- Peel, core, and slice apples each into 12 slices.
- Heat a medium saute pan.
- Melt butter, then add brown sugar.
- Toss in the apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook apples until tender but not mushy. Set aside to cool.
- Assembling the Crepes: Fill the middle of each crepe about with about 2 tablespoons of apple filling.
- Roll into a log.
Note: Crepes can be made the day before or hours in advance, just cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. When ready to eat microwave crepes for a few seconds.
About This Recipe
Once you get the hang of making crepes then you can try other fillings as well. These are great snacks, breakfasts, or treats.