Based on 6-8 servings per recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound chicken breast, diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 cups uncooked short grain rice
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 jars roasted red peppers, pureed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 10 strands or 1/8 teaspoon saffron
- 1/2 pound shrimp, uncooked, shelled, deveined
- 1/2 cup each red & green peppers, sliced in strips
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- Heat olive oil in large pan and saute sausage, chicken, and garlic until meat is browned.
- Remove meats and set aside.
- Add rice and onion to pan and saute until onion is translucent and rice is golden brown.
- Add meat back to pan with broth and pureed red bell peppers.
- Add paprika, Tabasco, and saffron.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, bell peppers, and peas.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes.
About This Recipe
Every bite is different in this classsic dish with sausage, chicken, and seafood. This low sodium version still has plenty of flavor to please.