Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 1 package lasagna noodles (cooked ahead or use over ready noodles)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 cups low sodium or no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 small fresh tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown meat in skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, mushrooms and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato, and herbs. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a 9×13 inch pan, layer ingredients. Start with a small amount of the tomato sauce, then add a layer of noodles. Next layer zucchini, tomato sauce and cheeses. Continue layers until all the ingredients are used.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes
Tip: If you have boxed macaroni and cheese already, throw the sauce packet away and use the noodles in this recipe.
About This Recipe
This dish takes advantage of garden fresh flavors. Try oven ready noodles for a faster meal.