Oven Fried Chicken
Dinner, Lunch, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 4 pounds whole chicken, cut up into pieces
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup oil in bottom of 9×13 inch pan.
- Put pan in oven to melt butter and oil.
- While butter and oil mixture is melting, put 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup cornmeal in a big zip lock plastic bag.
- Add seasonings.
- Drop in chicken pieces and shake
- Lay chicken pieces, skin side down, in hot oil in pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Turn over and bake about 20-30 minutes more (smaller pieces like thighs and gizzards may take less time).
About This Recipe
Skip the drive thru and make delicious oven fried chicken at home.