Snacks, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 12 servings per recipe.
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup No salt added canned corn
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Use cooking oil spray to lightly grease a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and sugar.
- Mix in butter using a pastry blender or mix in a food processor until butter is pea-sized.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs.
- Mix in honey and buttermilk.
- Pour egg mixture into the flour mixture stirring until just mixed.
- Fold in the corn.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
About This Recipe
Honey and buttermilk in this corn muffin recipe makes a rich, sweet, and moist muffin.