Snacks, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 12 servings per recipe.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup no salt added canned corn
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use cooking oil spray to lightly grease a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and sugar.
- Mix in butter using a pastry blender or mix in a food processor until butter is pea-sized.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs.
- Mix in honey and buttermilk.
- Pour egg mixture into the flour mixture stirring until just mixed.
- Fold in the corn.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
About This Recipe
Honey and buttermilk in this corn muffin recipe make a rich, sweet, and moist muffin.