Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 2 pounds beef round steak
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter or oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup low sodium beef stock
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon red wine or wine vinegar
- Cut meat into 1 inch cubes and coat with flour.
- Heat butter or oil in heavy pot and brown meat on both sides.
- Add onion and saute.
- Add stock. Add more as needed. It should be thick, stew like consistency but easy to stir.
- Cover pot.
- Simmer the meat for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove meat from pot; keep warm.
- Add paprika to stock and thicken with flour or corn starch.
- Add wine or vinegar.
- Serve goulash with Spaetzle or noodles and salad.
About This Recipe
Hearty old world tastes in this high protein and filling dinner.