Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 2 pounds Beef Round Steak
- 1/4 cup Butter or Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Onions (Chopped)
- 1 cup Beef Stock (Low Sodium)
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine or Wine Vinegar
- Cut meat into 1 inch cubes.
- Heat butter or oil in heavy pot; brown meat on both side in hot fat.
- Add onion and saute.
- Add stock. Add more as needed.
- Cover pot closely.
- Simmer the meat for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove meat from pot; keep warm.
- Add paprika to stock and thicken with flour or corn starch.
- Add wine or vinegar.
- Serve goulash with Spaetzle or noodles and salad.
About This Recipe
Hearty old world tastes in this high protein and filling dinner.