Chinese Chicken Salad
Dinner, Ethnic, Lunch, Salads, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 2 packages ramen noodles
- 3 tablespoons, divided olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, diced
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded and chopped
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup sugar or Splenda
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- Take the ramen noodles and smash while still in the packet.
- Open packages and remove the seasoning packets.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet.
- Add in the dry noodles and sesame seeds.
- Toast until golden brown.
- Mix chicken or turkey, cabbage, and green onions in a bowl, then add the ramen noodles and sesame seeds.
- Blend sugar, sesame oil, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and vinegar in a separate bowl.
- Dress the salad with the dressing.
About This Recipe
Economical ramen noodles are the basis for this salad. Ditch the flavor packet and season with your own ingredients. Be sure to use plain rice vinegar not seasoned to make this recipe low in sodium.