Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 (6-1/2) ounce can chopped clams
- 2 cups raw potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- paprika for garnish
- Soak cubed potatoes in 4 cups cold water for 2 hours.
- Drain and add to soup as indicated.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, saute onion and celery in margarine until tender.
- Add chopped clams with juice, diced potatoes and 2-3/4 cups milk.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Mix 1/4 cup milk with flour; stir into hot chowder mixture.
- Add pepper and simmer for 15-20 minutes more to blend flavors.
- Stir frequently.
- Sprinkle paprika over each serving.
** If you are not needing to limit your potassium you can skip soaking the potatoes.
About This Recipe
This is a low sodium version of the popular warm and creamy seafood soup. Perfect on a cold and rainy day.