Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 6-1/2 ounce can chopped clams
- 2 cups raw potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Soak cubed potatoes in 4 cups cold water for 2 hours.
- Drain and add to soup as indicated.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, saute onion and celery in margarine until tender.
- Add chopped clams with juice, diced potatoes and 2-3/4 cups milk.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Mix 1/4 cup milk with flour; stir into hot chowder mixture.
- Add pepper and simmer for 15-20 minutes more to blend flavors.
- Stir frequently.
- Sprinkle paprika over each serving.
About This Recipe
This low sodium version of a popular warm and creamy seafood soup. Perfect on a cold and rainy day.