Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 15 ounces black beans, canned low sodium
- 1 egg, large
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, smash the beans with a fork or potato masher.
- In a small separate bowl, whisk the egg and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add egg mixture to the beans and smash until well mixed.
- Add in the flax meal and spices and smash together until the mixture is well blended.
- Form the dough into four equal-sized patties and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet or on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using a fork, pat down the patties so they resemble meat patties.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on each side.
- Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees F; continue cooking until final temp is reached.
Tip: Black beans can be substituted with any low sodium bean of choice
About This Recipe
A great vegetarian alternative to a regular burger.