Based on tbd servings per recipe.
- 1 cup Water
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 3/4 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Molasses
- 2 teaspoons Dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Basil (dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon Tarragon (dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- In a blender container or food processor bowl, combine ingredients, cover, and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a Dutch oven.
- Stir in 3 cups water and two 6-oz. cans tomato paste.
- Simmer, uncovered, about 35 minutes or until mixture is reduced to half its original amount, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into jars and store in refrigerator for up to 1 month. Or pour into 1-cup freezer containers; seal, label, and freeze for up to 10 months. Makes 5 cups.
About This Recipe
Use the bounty of tomato season to make fresh low sodium ketchup to enjoy.