Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes
Dinner, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 1 medium red potato
- 8 ounces cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Combine potato, cauliflower, onion, parsley, and garlic powder in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil on high, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook about 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain well.
- Mash with potato masher.
- Add margarine and mash until smooth.
- Add pepper to taste.
About This Recipe
Cooked and mashed cauliflower can taste as good as mashed potatoes wit the right additional ingredients.