Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 1 9" single pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whipped cream
- to garnish fresh mint sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the pie crust until golden brown about 8 minutes or per package instructions.
- Let cool.
- Beat the sugar and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the cornstarch and lemon zest.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the lemon juice and spoon the mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the filling is set and the top is golden.
- Serve with a scoop of whipped cream and a small sprig of mint.
About This Recipe
This very rich and sweet pie cannot be described in anyway except wonderful.