Based on 12 servings per recipe.
- 1 package angel food cake mix
- 1/2 of a 15 ounce can crushed pineapple (reserve juice)
- 1/2 of a 15 ounce can peaches, chopped (reserve juice)
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon powdered or granulated sugar
Mix cake per box directions using reserved juices in place of the water.
Add water if there is not enough juice.
Gently fold in canned fruit and bake per box directions.
Combine rest of ingredients and blend using an electric mixer until desired whipping cream consistancy is achieved.
Serve cake with whipping cream
About This Recipe
Sweet and sunny flavors make this high protein dessert a keeper.