Lemon-Blueberry Corn Muffins
Breads, Breakfast, Snacks, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 12 servings per recipe.
- 3/4 cup Yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Milk (cow's, soy, or rice)
- 2 tablespoons Non-hydrogenated maragine, melted or oil
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 1 cup Frozen or fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- Spray muffin pan or 8×8 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine milk, margarine or oil, egg, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Add milk mixture to cornmeal mixture and stir until just barely mixed. It is ok to have some lumps.
- Then lightly stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into muffin or 8×8 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes if making muffins, 25 minutes if baking in 8×8 pan.
- Drizzle with honey if desired.
About This Recipe
This blend of corn muffin, blueberry muffin, and lemon zing is a perfect breakfast or snack.