Lime Ginger Sauce
Sauces, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 16 servings per recipe.
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine grape juice, lime juice, vinegar, ginger and garlic.
- Bring to a boil; reduce by 90 percent to a light syrup.
- Add cream and reduce by 60 percent, stirring carefully so as not to scorch the sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and gradually stir in the cold butter chunks.
- Stir in chili sauce.
- Season with pepper.
- Reserve and keep warm until ready to serve.
About This Recipe
This beautiful white sauce is delicious served warm over fish or chicken.