Kale and Turnip Greens
Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 24 (1/2 cup each) servings per recipe.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds kale
- 2 pounds turnip greens (mustard greens will work)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- Wash kale and greens thoroughly.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add onions and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, then tomaotoes.
- Cook over medium-low heat uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the greens.
- Lay greens over tomato mixture, cover with lid and cook for 15 minutes or until all greens are wilted.
About This Recipe
Dark leafy vegetables such as kale are high in potassium so be sure to limit yourself to 1/2 cup per day.