Confetti Chicken ‘N Rice
Dinner, Entrees, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups corn, frozen, or canned and rinsed
- 1 fresh zucchini, cubed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt free seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (about 2 cups) instant rice
- 1/2 cup water
- Follow the instructions on rice package.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides. When the juices run clear, remove from the pan, about 15 minutes. Cool.
- In the same skillet add 1 tablespoon oil, corn, zucchini, red pepper, and onion.
- Sauté on medium high heat until the onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic powder, cumin, salt less seasoning, black pepper, cayenne pepper and water.
- Cube the chicken and return to the pan with the vegetables. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add rice to vegetables and sauté for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
About This Recipe
A quick meal with lots of flavor.