Confetti Chicken ‘N Rice
Dinner, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 3 tablespoons, divided olive oil
- 3 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 1 fresh zucchini, cubed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash orginal
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package Uncle Ben's original ready rice
- In a large non-stick skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium high heat.
- When the oil is hot carefully place the chicken breast into the skillet.
- When the juices run clear remove the chicken from the pan (about 15 minutes).
- In the same skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil and add corn, zucchini, red pepper, and onion.
- Sautè on medium to medium high heat until the onions start to carmelize (about 10 minutes).
- Next, add in garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, Mrs. dash, and cayenne pepper.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the vegetables, reduce heat to medium low and keep stirring the mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Follow the intructions on the rice package.
- When the rice is done add it to the vegetables and continue to sautè for a few more minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!!
About This Recipe
A quick meal with lots of flavor.