Grilled Lemon Chicken Kebabs
Dinner, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 2 servings per recipe.
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs(sage, thyme, etc)
- 2 bay leaves, torn in half
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Chop each thigh into chunky pieces and place in a bowl.
- Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest and juice the remaining whole lemon.
- Add to the chicken along with the oil, garlic, herbs and vinegar.
- Cover and marinate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Slice the other lemon into 4 thick slices, then cut each slice into 4 pieces.
- On a wooden skewer, alternate the lemon slices and the chicken pieces, packing as tight as possible, finishing off with a lemon piece.
- Repeat for each skewer.
- Grill in the oven, BBQ or counter-top type grill, until done, about 10 minutes each side.
About This Recipe
These kabobs are good hot or cold so go ahead and make extras.