Parslied Onions and Pinto Beans
Dinner, Vegetarian, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8-12 servings per recipe.
- 1 cup Italian parsley, flat-leafed
- 1 cup curly parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 1 large lemon
- 2 cups low salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 cups onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cups pinto beans, low sodium
- to taste pepper
- Wash and dry the parsley and dill.
- Remove any thick stems and chop into 1/2 – 1 inch pieces; set aside.
- Halve the lemon and squeeze the juice; set aside.
- Put the halved lemon and broth in a small saucepan.
- Bring the broth to a boil, lower heat, and simmer, covered.
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter and oil and cook the onions until wilted and golden.
- Stir in the curry powder, parsley, and dill.
- Add the broth and lemon halves.
- Cook slowly to tenderize the parsley and slightly reduce the broth. (If you cover the pan, the parsley loses some of its brilliant color.)
- Stir in the beans and the lemon juice and heat through.
- Remove lemon halves.
- Season with pepper.
About This Recipe
Sweet and spicy chicken and beans dish.