Parslied Onions and Pinto Beans
Dinner, Vegetarian, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8-12 servings per recipe.
- 6-8 ounces Italian parsley (flat-leafed)
- 6-8 ounces curly parsley
- 4-6 ounces dill
- 1 large lemon
- 2 cups low salt homemade chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 cups onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cups pinto beans
- to taste pepper
- Wash and dry the parsley and dill.
- Remove any thick stems and chop into 1/2 – 1 inch pieces; set aside.
- Halve the lemon and squeeze the juice; set aside.
- Put the halved lemon and broth in a small saucepan.
- Bring the broth to a boil, lower heat, and simmer, covered.
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter and oil and cook the onions until wilted and golden.
- Stir in the curry powder, parsley, and dill.
- Add the broth and lemon halves.
- Cook slowly to tenderize the parsley and slightly reduce the broth. (If you cover the pan, the parsley loses some of its brilliant color.)
- Stir in the beans and the lemon juice and heat through.
- Remove lemon halves.
- Season with salt and pepper.
About This Recipe
Sweet and spicy chicken and beans dish.