Based on 4 (2 fajitas each) servings per recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime juice and zest of lime
- 1 lemon juice and zest of lemon or orange
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 pound meat, shrimp, tofu, bite size pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 8 corn tortillas
- sour cream to taste
- cilantro to taste
- Combine oil, citrus zest and juice, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl to make the marinade.
- Place meat, vegetables, and marinade in a bag or shallow dish and marinate overnight.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook marinated meat and vegetables until the onions become soft and begin to caramalize (turn light brown) and the meat is cooked through. This should take at least 15-20 minutes.
- Serve in tortillas and top with sour cream and cilantro.
About This Recipe
Control the sodium in this recipe with homemade marinade and use corn tortillas instead of flour.