Ethnic, Holidays, Salads, Side Dishes, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 4 cups Lacinato or other kale, sliced lengthwise and then chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or graham marsala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup water or low sodium broth
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Wash kale and cut out tough center. Slice in long strips then cut crosswise about every 3 inches.
2. Sauté onion in oil until translucent. Add curry powder and turmeric, let roast a minute or so.
3. Add kale and water or chicken broth. Cover and watch. If it needs more liquid, add 1/4 cup water.
4. Keep covered and stir occasionally until kale turns bright green and wilts. Don’t overcook, it will turn very dark.
5. Remove kale from pan, leaving juices behind. A
6. Add rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame seeds. Stir until sauce thickens and sesame seeds start to pop.
7. Remove from heat, stir in sesame oil then pour over kale and serve.
About This Recipe
An easy and healthy side dish.